Khaps in Haryana Sunday, justifying honour killing of a young couple in Rohtaks Gharnavati village last week,put the onus on the government for such killings as it has not amended the Hindu Marriage Act to legally ban same-gotra marriages.
A meeting of Sarvkhap Panchayat in Rohtak discussed honour killing cases. Sarvkhap Panchayat convener Jasbir Singh Malik said,The government is directly responsible for honour killing. Had the state and union governments amended the Marriage Act in time,such cases could have been curbed. The government should ban same-gotra marriages.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Addressing the gathering,Khap leader Sanjay Rathi said,Society is deteriorating because of influence of western culture. Our youth need to understand our customs and traditions,then only we can build a healthy society.
Even the media needs to change its viewpoint towards honour killings. Media is sensationalising honour killings.
Sarvkhap Panchayat leader Baljit Singh Malik of Gathwala Khap said,Honour killing is a serious problem. Nobody has any right to snatch away a life given by God.
Sarvkhap passed three resolutions. It decided that the state government must amend the Marriage Act to ban same-gotra marriages,introduce customs and traditions as a subject in schools and curb availability of internet porn.