Khaps in Haryana Sunday, justifying honour killing of a young couple in Rohtaks Gharnavati village last week,put the onus on the government for such killings as it has not amended the Hindu Marriage Act to legally ban same-gotra marriages.
A meeting of Sarvkhap Panchayat in Rohtak discussed honour killing cases. Sarvkhap Panchayat convener Jasbir Singh Malik said,The government is directly responsible for honour killing. Had the state and union governments amended the Marriage Act in time,such cases could have been curbed. The government should ban same-gotra marriages.
Addressing the gathering,Khap leader Sanjay Rathi said,Society is deteriorating because of influence of western culture. Our youth need to understand our customs and traditions,then only we can build a healthy society.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Even the media needs to change its viewpoint towards honour killings. Media is sensationalising honour killings.
Sarvkhap Panchayat leader Baljit Singh Malik of Gathwala Khap said,Honour killing is a serious problem. Nobody has any right to snatch away a life given by God.
Sarvkhap passed three resolutions. It decided that the state government must amend the Marriage Act to ban same-gotra marriages,introduce customs and traditions as a subject in schools and curb availability of internet porn.