A top Indian Mujahideen operative nabbed along with IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal is believed to have claimed that a SIMI ideologue accused of masterminding the 2003 killing of former Gujarat minister Haren Pandya,was present at a meeting the operative attended in Pakistan last year.
Sources said the operative,Asadullah Akhtar,has told interrogators that he was among those from five Indian states who attended a meeting in Karachi to discuss the future plans of IM.
SIMI ideologue Mufti Sufiyan,suspected to be behind Pandyas murder,was in Pakistan and present at that meeting,he is said to have claimed.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Pandya,a senior BJP leader,was shot dead by unidentified men after a morning walk in Ahmedabad. The CBI had arrested 14 people for the crime but they were let off by the Gujarat High Court. The CBI has filed an appeal against the acquittal in the Supreme Court.
Sufiyan,who was also named in the case and a red corner notice issued,is said to belong to Gujarat and is suspected to have plotted Pandyas killing in retaliation for the post-Godhra riots in Gujarat a year earlier.
Akhtar was arrested along with Yasin from near the India-Nepal border last year and the duo are since being questioned by security agencies. They are currently in the custody of the Delhi Police Special Cell in connection with the 2010 Jama Masjid terror attack.