A top Indian Mujahideen operative nabbed along with IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal is believed to have claimed that a SIMI ideologue accused of masterminding the 2003 killing of former Gujarat minister Haren Pandya,was present at a meeting the operative attended in Pakistan last year.
Sources said the operative,Asadullah Akhtar,has told interrogators that he was among those from five Indian states who attended a meeting in Karachi to discuss the future plans of IM.
SIMI ideologue Mufti Sufiyan,suspected to be behind Pandyas murder,was in Pakistan and present at that meeting,he is said to have claimed.
Pandya,a senior BJP leader,was shot dead by unidentified men after a morning walk in Ahmedabad. The CBI had arrested 14 people for the crime but they were let off by the Gujarat High Court. The CBI has filed an appeal against the acquittal in the Supreme Court.
Sufiyan,who was also named in the case and a red corner notice issued,is said to belong to Gujarat and is suspected to have plotted Pandyas killing in retaliation for the post-Godhra riots in Gujarat a year earlier.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Akhtar was arrested along with Yasin from near the India-Nepal border last year and the duo are since being questioned by security agencies. They are currently in the custody of the Delhi Police Special Cell in connection with the 2010 Jama Masjid terror attack.