Fair trade regulator Competition Commission of India (CCI) is investigating some of the business practices of search giant Google.
Similar investigations are also being conducted against the US-headquartered company in Argentina and South Korea.
The Comision Nacional de Defensa de la Competencia in Argentina,the Competition Commission of India and the Korea Fair Trade Commission in South Korea have also opened investigations into certain of our business practices, Google said in a regulatory filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
When contacted,a Google spokesperson said,Were always happy to answer questions about our business and were extending our full cooperation to CCI. Were confident that our products are compliant with competition law in India.
In August 2012,Parliament was informed that CCI had initiated investigation into alleged anti-competitive practices by Google. CCI had received information for contravention of Section 4 of the Competition Act,2002,by Google. In February 2012,BharatMatrimony had filed a complaint against Google alleging it abused its dominance by engaging in discriminatory and retaliatory practices relating to AdWords.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest