France was in shock Monday after the discovery of an underfed and dehydrated baby girl who had been forced to live in a car boot,apparently since birth.
The little girl,aged between 15 and 23 months,was found by mechanics on Friday when her mother brought the car to a garage in Terrasson,in central France.
Police said one of the mechanics heard bizarre noises,like moans coming from the car boot and opened it to discover the girl,who was naked,lying in her own excrement,dehydrated and feverish.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The girl was taken to a hospital where doctors said she was suffering from delayed growth and mental problems.
The girl was hidden,it seems since birth,and more seriously,she is suffering from significant (developmental) delays, local prosecutor Jean-Pierre Laffite said.
The situation defies belief, he said.
The girls mother,45,and her 40-year-old partner were arrested and charged on Sunday with child abuse and endangering a minor. The two are facing up to 10 years in prison.
The mother told police that she had given birth in secret and hidden the babys existence from everyone,including her partner,the girls father.
The couple had three other children a four-year-old girl and two boys aged nine and 10 who were handed over to social services following their parents arrest.
The couple were both of Portuguese origin and both unemployed.
The mechanic who found the girl,Guillaume Iguacel,Monday said he was still reeling from the discovery.
Im still having trouble sleeping,it was a horrifying sight,seeing this little girl in her own excrement,not able to hold up her head,white as a sheet, he said.
Iguacel said the girls mother appeared to have little concern for her daughter.
We were deeply shocked because she didnt find this abnormal. We told her to remove the little girl (from the boot) and give her something to drink right away, he said.