A police jeep escorting former DGP V D Ram narrowly escaped a landmine blast on the National Highway (NH) near Manika in Latehar on Wednesday and the Jharkhand police blamed him for ignoring a specific input about the Maoist landmine.
The escort jeep had accompanied him from Palamu to Kudu in Lohardagga. The blast took place on his way back. Wednesdays incident took place five kilometres from Manika at about 2 pm.
The former DGP was specifically told by the Palamu SP about presence of a landmine on that route. This was because search operations have been on after attacks on Monday. Maybe he went nevertheless because of some emergency, said a top officer of the state police.
Except a minor splinter injury to the forehead of a policeman,there were no injuries to personnel or damage to the police jeep, said Palamu SP Narendra Kumar Singh.
Ram,planning to contest from Palamu Lok Sabha seat on a BJP ticket,said,This is absolutely wrong. It is true the SP of Palamu warned me of a landmine,but it was in a different area Sultanghati and I did not go there. If there was a threat on NH-75,they should have secured the road,sent a road opening party. I am now a common man. If the police cannot give me protection,I will go on my own to these places. Ram has X category security cover,being a former DGP. His security was enhanced after Maoists issued threats against him in September.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016