A police jeep escorting former DGP V D Ram narrowly escaped a landmine blast on the National Highway (NH) near Manika in Latehar on Wednesday and the Jharkhand police blamed him for ignoring a specific input about the Maoist landmine.
The escort jeep had accompanied him from Palamu to Kudu in Lohardagga. The blast took place on his way back. Wednesdays incident took place five kilometres from Manika at about 2 pm.
The former DGP was specifically told by the Palamu SP about presence of a landmine on that route. This was because search operations have been on after attacks on Monday. Maybe he went nevertheless because of some emergency, said a top officer of the state police.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Except a minor splinter injury to the forehead of a policeman,there were no injuries to personnel or damage to the police jeep, said Palamu SP Narendra Kumar Singh.
Ram,planning to contest from Palamu Lok Sabha seat on a BJP ticket,said,This is absolutely wrong. It is true the SP of Palamu warned me of a landmine,but it was in a different area Sultanghati and I did not go there. If there was a threat on NH-75,they should have secured the road,sent a road opening party. I am now a common man. If the police cannot give me protection,I will go on my own to these places. Ram has X category security cover,being a former DGP. His security was enhanced after Maoists issued threats against him in September.