The Gadchiroli police arrested five youths from Motha Jhalia village,who allegedly admitted to have helped Naxals plant explosives in a school. The blast had killed three policemen Wednesday. They said they dug a tunnel from behind the school to reach the plinth where the explosive connected to wires was pushed in, SP Suvez Haq. The villagers have complained that some of them were beaten up by the police after the blast. A probe has been ordered.
The SP also said that the village has at least seven members in dalams and Gita Kometi and that the deputy commander of a platoon who was killed in Govindpur encounter earlier this year also belonged to the village. One of the motives behind the blast was also to avenge that death, Haq said.
Asked how Naxals came to know of police movement,Haq said,They apparently got some input from a village that the SAG party had passed at the end of their journey from Gadchiroli.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing