Raising further concerns over the governments deteriorating finances,the Centres fiscal deficit in the first four months of 2013-14 touched nearly 63 per cent of its full year target while its revenue deficit was even higher at 73 per cent of the Budget estimate.
Data released by the Controller General of Accounts on Friday revealed that the Centres fiscal deficit between April and July 2013 stood at Rs 3,40,609 crore or 62.8 per cent of the full year target of Rs 5,42,499 crore on the back of slowing revenues. It was significantly lower at Rs 2,64,432 crore last fiscal.
Finance minister P Chidambarams promise to keep the fiscal deficit at 4.8 per cent of the GDP in 2013-14 is facing a challenge from the depreciating rupee along with hardening crude oil prices. On Thursday,oil minister Veerappa Moily said under recoveries on diesel and cooking gas had touched Rs 1,23,000 crore last month. The implementation of the Food Security Bill is expected to set back the Exchequer by at least Rs 20,000 crore this fiscal.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Meanwhile,the revenue deficit has touched Rs 2,77,378 crore or 73 per cent of the BE by July end 2013. It was lesser at Rs 2,14,718 crore in the same period a year ago.
The Centres total expenditure was largely in line at 31.3 per cent of the full fisc target or Rs 5,21,165 crore. Of this,Plan expenditure stood at Rs 1,49,738 crore in the period or 27 per cent of the BE while non-plan expenditure amounted to Rs 3,71,427 or 33.5 per cent of the full year target.
Total receipts,however,were lower than expected at Rs 1,80,556 crore between April and July 2013 amounting to just 16 per cent of the full fiscal target of Rs 11,22,799 crore.
In a reflection of the slowing economy,tax revenue collection was Rs 1,41,509 crore or 16.4 per cent of the full year target. Meanwhile,non debt capital receipts amounted to Rs 4,401 crore.