Raising further concerns over the governments deteriorating finances,the Centres fiscal deficit in the first four months of 2013-14 touched nearly 63 per cent of its full year target while its revenue deficit was even higher at 73 per cent of the Budget estimate.
Data released by the Controller General of Accounts on Friday revealed that the Centres fiscal deficit between April and July 2013 stood at Rs 3,40,609 crore or 62.8 per cent of the full year target of Rs 5,42,499 crore on the back of slowing revenues. It was significantly lower at Rs 2,64,432 crore last fiscal.
Finance minister P Chidambarams promise to keep the fiscal deficit at 4.8 per cent of the GDP in 2013-14 is facing a challenge from the depreciating rupee along with hardening crude oil prices. On Thursday,oil minister Veerappa Moily said under recoveries on diesel and cooking gas had touched Rs 1,23,000 crore last month. The implementation of the Food Security Bill is expected to set back the Exchequer by at least Rs 20,000 crore this fiscal.
Meanwhile,the revenue deficit has touched Rs 2,77,378 crore or 73 per cent of the BE by July end 2013. It was lesser at Rs 2,14,718 crore in the same period a year ago.
The Centres total expenditure was largely in line at 31.3 per cent of the full fisc target or Rs 5,21,165 crore. Of this,Plan expenditure stood at Rs 1,49,738 crore in the period or 27 per cent of the BE while non-plan expenditure amounted to Rs 3,71,427 or 33.5 per cent of the full year target.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Total receipts,however,were lower than expected at Rs 1,80,556 crore between April and July 2013 amounting to just 16 per cent of the full fiscal target of Rs 11,22,799 crore.
In a reflection of the slowing economy,tax revenue collection was Rs 1,41,509 crore or 16.4 per cent of the full year target. Meanwhile,non debt capital receipts amounted to Rs 4,401 crore.