The BJP’s youngest general secretary Varun Gandhi on Thursday publicly hinted his intentions to contest the next Lok Sabha elections from Sultanpur in the backyard of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi by reminding the electorate of his connection to the place and invoking the legacy of his father,Sanjay Gandhi.
I have come home. You had lent your support to my father. In future,I will treat problems of this region as my own problems, Varun said addressing an impressive rally here on Thursday.
After Emergency,Sanjay was elected to the Lok Sabha from Amethi that fell under Sultanpur district. Later,Rajiv Gandhi was elected to the Lok Sabha from this constituency.
The constituency is currently represented by Congresss Sanjay Singh in the Lok Sabha.
Varun sought to strike an emotional chord with the electorate pointing to the loss of his newborn child recently and saying that I will treat the eight to 10 lakh children of Sultanpur as my own and work for their betterment.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He,however,refrained from attacking Congress leadership. But he took a dig at Uttar Pradeshs youngest chief minister Akhilesh Yadav for failing to provide employment to the youth in the state.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari,who also addressed the rally,reminded the electorate that Varun is a young and enthusiastic leader who considers you (voters) as members of his family.
Assured by the response of the crowd that cheered in his support,Varun sought to break away from the rut of identity politics that has become the hallmark of state politics and sought to project himself as a harbinger of hope by harping on developmental needs of UP. I have no dream for myself. Instead I dream for the state and the country. The CM is young but not a single project has come in the state during last over one year of his tenure to provide employment. There is no electricity,no proper roads to attract investment. I want a new era to begin in UP, Varun said.
He attacked the ruling SP and opposition BSP for their identity politics by ridiculing the attempts by these parties to woo the Brahmins. In fact,it was the posters of recently held BSPs Brahmin rally in the district that were competing with those put up for his rally on the main road of Sultanpur.