AS the Election Commission of India looks into his speech in which he had claimed to have spent way above the stipulated limit of poll expense in 2009 elections,Gopinath Munde,deputy leader of the BJP in Lok Sabha,seems to have been deserted by his party colleagues. None of the BJP leaders have come to his defence while party president Rajnath Singh maintained on Sunday that Munde himself will reply to the Election Commission notice. On Saturday,Murli Manohar Joshi had stated that it was between the Election Commission and Munde and he was the last person to have any detail on expenses because I do not have that much money to spend during elections.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
Tribal Affairs Minister V Kishore Chandra Deo is learnt to be extremely upset at the decision of the Law Ministry to close departmental proceedings against one of its senior officers whose wife was found to have secured a job as a teacher with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan on the basis of a forged Scheduled Tribe certificate.
Deo has shot off a strong letter to Law Minister Kapil Sibal requesting him to look into the matter. This case,of the wife of a powerful bureaucrat depriving the rightful claim of an ST candidate,has already been referred to the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes. The wife,incidentally,has resigned from her teaching job.
With Lok Sabha Secretary General T K Vishwanathans term coming to end in August,many aspirants have started making serious efforts to get the coveted job,which,among other things,carries the rank of Cabinet Secretary. A bungalow in Lutyens Delhi is just one of the many perks. Apart from senior officers of the Lok Sabha Secretariat,many recently-retired bureaucrats are also lobbying to get the job. Many of the aspirants are trying to meet members of the panel that selects the Secretary General to seek their blessings. However,so far,their efforts dont seem to have borne any fruit.
Organisational revamp in the Congress,carried out early this month,seems to be an exercise in progress. Last week,the party high command appointed Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde as permanent invitee to the Congress Working Committee and dropped K S Rao from the apex decision-making body. The party is now preparing to drop Mohan Prakash and Shakeel Ahmed from the panel of spokespersons following their appointment as AICC general secretaries. Incidentally,both of them had been brought back as spokespersons only last month.
The government is likely to soon propose a fixed two-year tenure for the top boss of National Investigating Agency (NIA). Currently,heads of only the CBI,the Intelligence Bureau and the RAW enjoy two-year terms. It has been two months now that the post of DG,NIA,is lying vacant.
Former DG,S C Sinha,was appointed member of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in April. Since then Additional Director General N R Wasan has been officiating as the head. The names of CBIs Special Director K Saleem Ali,Maharashtras Arup Patnaik and Haryanas Sharad Kumar are doing the rounds for the post of DG,NIA.