Months after severing ties with the Congress on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue,DMK chief M Karunanidhi Sunday ruled out any alliance with its former ally for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Karunanidhi made the announcement in his concluding remarks at the meeting of the partys key decision-making body,the general council,to rapturous applause from members,reflecting the anti-Congress mood in the party ranks.
Party sources claimed that Karunanidhi hinted that the DMK may not forge an alliance with the BJP also but the leader himself made a non-committal reply on this.
Sources said he had indicated that the BJPs present leadership was different from A B Vajpayee who had headed the NDA government of which the DMK was a constituent.
A committee has been formed and it will discuss and decide on the alliance, was his response to reporters queries when asked if he still kept the BJP as an option.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
DMK sources present at the meeting said Karunanidhi ruled out a tie-up with the Congress,referring to the 2G spectrum scam which has turned out to be the gravest allegation faced by the DMK in many years.
Karunanidhis daughter Kanimozhi and junior colleague and former telecom minister A Raja are accused in the scam.