Months after severing ties with the Congress on the Sri Lankan Tamils issue,DMK chief M Karunanidhi Sunday ruled out any alliance with its former ally for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Karunanidhi made the announcement in his concluding remarks at the meeting of the partys key decision-making body,the general council,to rapturous applause from members,reflecting the anti-Congress mood in the party ranks.
Party sources claimed that Karunanidhi hinted that the DMK may not forge an alliance with the BJP also but the leader himself made a non-committal reply on this.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Sources said he had indicated that the BJPs present leadership was different from A B Vajpayee who had headed the NDA government of which the DMK was a constituent.
A committee has been formed and it will discuss and decide on the alliance, was his response to reporters queries when asked if he still kept the BJP as an option.
DMK sources present at the meeting said Karunanidhi ruled out a tie-up with the Congress,referring to the 2G spectrum scam which has turned out to be the gravest allegation faced by the DMK in many years.
Karunanidhis daughter Kanimozhi and junior colleague and former telecom minister A Raja are accused in the scam.