In March 2010,the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) had directed that a total ceiling of 10 years be prescribed beyond which an officer may not be permitted to be appointed in the personal staff of a minister,irrespective of level. But,despite having completed the prescribed tenure,at least 87 people continued to serve as personal staff of various ministers,after their appointments were cleared by the Prime Ministers Office (PMO) following requests from the ministries.
Among the ministers who sent such requests are Kamal Nath,Praful Patel,Sushil Kumar Shinde,K Rahman Khan,Jyotiraditya Scindia,Bharatsinh Solanki,K V Thomas,Mallikarjun Kharge,Salman Khurshid and Tusharbhai Chaudhary. The officials included six officers on special duty (U K Mitra,N K Gauri,V K Dhand,S V Pillai,S N Sharma and Giri Ketharaj) and three private secretaries (Z A Naqvi,D Vijayan and M Annadurai). Among the others are 29 additional private secretaries and 24 assistant private secretaries. Some of these officers are now no longer with the ministries.
In April this year,the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet also decided to retain officials who had completed 10 years till the completion of the next general elections.
According to information provided by the DoPT under the RTI Act,many requests were received from various ministers to allow some officials to continue as personal staff after the ceiling was imposed. Of these,87 requests were approved.
However,the DoPT circular directed that no relaxation will be granted to these conditions.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More