In March 2010,the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) had directed that a total ceiling of 10 years be prescribed beyond which an officer may not be permitted to be appointed in the personal staff of a minister,irrespective of level. But,despite having completed the prescribed tenure,at least 87 people continued to serve as personal staff of various ministers,after their appointments were cleared by the Prime Ministers Office (PMO) following requests from the ministries.
Among the ministers who sent such requests are Kamal Nath,Praful Patel,Sushil Kumar Shinde,K Rahman Khan,Jyotiraditya Scindia,Bharatsinh Solanki,K V Thomas,Mallikarjun Kharge,Salman Khurshid and Tusharbhai Chaudhary. The officials included six officers on special duty (U K Mitra,N K Gauri,V K Dhand,S V Pillai,S N Sharma and Giri Ketharaj) and three private secretaries (Z A Naqvi,D Vijayan and M Annadurai). Among the others are 29 additional private secretaries and 24 assistant private secretaries. Some of these officers are now no longer with the ministries.
In April this year,the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet also decided to retain officials who had completed 10 years till the completion of the next general elections.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to information provided by the DoPT under the RTI Act,many requests were received from various ministers to allow some officials to continue as personal staff after the ceiling was imposed. Of these,87 requests were approved.
However,the DoPT circular directed that no relaxation will be granted to these conditions.