The Congress Monday took a dig at the JD(U) leadership for suggesting that Narendra Modi was communal and Atal Behari Vajpayee and LK Advani were secular.
We are at a loss to understand Nitish Kumars logic that Modi is communal and Advani secular. In our opinion,Modi is only a symptom of the disease of communalism which was initiated by L K Advani and Atal Behari Vajpayee in the politics of Independent India, senior Congress leader from Bihar Shakeel Ahmed said.
This came a day after Nitish Kumar indicated JD(U)s opposition to Modis likely projection as BJPs prime ministerial candidate stating that for a country like India,only a secular face was acceptable as PM candidate. He had said only a leader like Vajpayee who could take diverse sections of people with him could become leader of the nation. Nitish had not mentioned Advanis name but a JD(U) spokesman added later that he could be more acceptable to most in the NDA.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
For his convenience,Nitish mentioned Vajpayees advice to Modi about following raj dharma. But Nitish conveniently forgets that within a fortnight after that Vajpayee had stated on the same Gujarat carnage in Goa that what was happening was the manifestation of nationalist sentiments, said Ahmed. He said it has always been the BJPs strategy to produce leaders in a set.
When Vajpayee was naram dal (liberal face) Advani was a hardliner. Now that Vajpayee is physically weak,Advani has become naram dal and Modi a hardliner. It is said that Vajpayee had wanted to sack Modi but Advani defended him then, Ahmed claim.
The dig at Nitish came even as the Congress is said to be engaged in negotiations with JD(U) for a pre-poll tie-up in Bihar. Despite his repeated overtures,the Congress has been maintaining a distance from Lalu Prasad. Some in the Congress believe that if JD(U) breaks ties with the BJP,it would be inclined to join hands with the Congress to wean minorities away from Lalu and upper castes from the BJP.
Having gone this far,Nitish will certainly not be part of the NDA if Modi is projected as its PM candidate. But,we have reasons to believe that the BJP would finally persuade Modi to step aside in favour of a more acceptable face. Nitish can then go back to Bihar and tell the people,especially minorities,that he is the one who blocked Modi’s bid for the top job,” said a senior Congress leader.