US bike maker Harley Davidson will start full-scale building of motorcycles in India from where it will also start exporting to Europe and South East Asian markets.
The company which unveiled the new Harley Davidson Street 750 and Street 500 motorcycles its first all-new platform in 14 years at Milan said it will start building the two new models in India in the first quarter of next year.
We are going to utilise our plant in India to build the Street models not only to cater to the market there but also export to Europe and South East Asia, Harley-Davidson Motors president and COO Matthew Levatich said.
Since early 2011,Harley Davidson has been assembling motorcycles in India at its CKD (completely-knocked-down) assembly unit at Bawal in Haryana catering only to the market here.
Now what we are going to do is that instead of the CKD kits coming from our plants in the US,the parts will now directly come to India from vendors and bikes will be assembled there, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More