US bike maker Harley Davidson will start full-scale building of motorcycles in India from where it will also start exporting to Europe and South East Asian markets.
The company which unveiled the new Harley Davidson Street 750 and Street 500 motorcycles its first all-new platform in 14 years at Milan said it will start building the two new models in India in the first quarter of next year.
We are going to utilise our plant in India to build the Street models not only to cater to the market there but also export to Europe and South East Asia, Harley-Davidson Motors president and COO Matthew Levatich said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Since early 2011,Harley Davidson has been assembling motorcycles in India at its CKD (completely-knocked-down) assembly unit at Bawal in Haryana catering only to the market here.
Now what we are going to do is that instead of the CKD kits coming from our plants in the US,the parts will now directly come to India from vendors and bikes will be assembled there, he said.