BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi said here on Friday that chief ministers of Congress-ruled states refrain from going among the people fearing that people may throw stones at them.
Chief ministers of Congress-ruled states fear going among the public. Wherever Congress leaders dare to go,people show them shoes because they failed to give accounts of their work during their tenure, Modi said.
Addressing a rally in Korba Assembly constituency,around 200 km from Chhattisgarh capital Raipur,he attacked Congress bigwigs like UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi,Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi,former Chhattisgarh CM Ajit Jogi and state Congress chief Charandas Mahant over several issues.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Congress is trying to mislead people by saying that people will suffer an electric shock if they press buttons of BJP candidate on electronic voting machines. Through such statements,they are trying create an atmosphere of fear. The Election Commission should take immediate action against such misleading publicity, Modi said.
However,the Kunkuri assembly constituency returning officer has already served a notice to senior Congress leader and former CM Ajit Jogi for allegedly violating the poll code by misleading voters over the functioning of electronic voting machines when they cast their vote.
Modi said that the people of Korba committed a big mistake in 2009 elections by not choosing a BJP candidate from the Korba Lok Sabha constituency.
Accusing Sonia Gandhi and Rahul of being insensitive to the plight of poor,he said,They dont know what is poverty. They make fun of it. They mislead the people. Before the previous Lok Sabha election,they promised to curb price rise within 100 days if their party is elected to power. Now people face the menace of price rise, he said.