BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi said here on Friday that chief ministers of Congress-ruled states refrain from going among the people fearing that people may throw stones at them.
Chief ministers of Congress-ruled states fear going among the public. Wherever Congress leaders dare to go,people show them shoes because they failed to give accounts of their work during their tenure, Modi said.
Addressing a rally in Korba Assembly constituency,around 200 km from Chhattisgarh capital Raipur,he attacked Congress bigwigs like UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi,Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi,former Chhattisgarh CM Ajit Jogi and state Congress chief Charandas Mahant over several issues.
The Congress is trying to mislead people by saying that people will suffer an electric shock if they press buttons of BJP candidate on electronic voting machines. Through such statements,they are trying create an atmosphere of fear. The Election Commission should take immediate action against such misleading publicity, Modi said.
However,the Kunkuri assembly constituency returning officer has already served a notice to senior Congress leader and former CM Ajit Jogi for allegedly violating the poll code by misleading voters over the functioning of electronic voting machines when they cast their vote.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Modi said that the people of Korba committed a big mistake in 2009 elections by not choosing a BJP candidate from the Korba Lok Sabha constituency.
Accusing Sonia Gandhi and Rahul of being insensitive to the plight of poor,he said,They dont know what is poverty. They make fun of it. They mislead the people. Before the previous Lok Sabha election,they promised to curb price rise within 100 days if their party is elected to power. Now people face the menace of price rise, he said.