The Centre and Chhattisgarh government will launch joint action against Maoists in Bastar in the days to come,Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said on Friday after talks with Chief Minister Raman Singh here.
After a discussion on the incident,we have decided to take a joint action, said Shinde emerging from an hour-long meeting with Singh here.
Chief Minister Raman Singh told me that this time we will not put any demand (to Centre),except we want support. Central forces will support the state in joint operation, Shinde said six days after Maoists carried out an audacious attack in Bastar on May 25 killing 25 persons,including PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel and senior leader Mahendra Karma.
Shinde asked every Naxal-affected state to develop Greyhound force (on the lines of Andhra Pradesh) to combat Naxals and said the Centre would offer help in this area.
State Home Minister Nankiram Kanwar,Union Home Secretary R K Singh,CRPF Director General Pranay Sahay and Chhattisgarh DGP Ramniwas were among those who attended the meeting between Shinde and Raman Singh at the Raj Bhavan.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
About the attack,Shinde said,In the preliminary investigation,it seems that there are security lapses but an inquiry will further reveal it. So far,we were thinking that this (violence) would be some other way of movement. But in 2010 incident (Tadmetla massacre in which 76 security personnel were killed) and May 25 (attack on Congress rally) we have seen it is nothing other than a terror (activity), he added.