• Associate Sponsor

Case against Kasab and 12 others,say Pak channels,govt denies

Pakistan continued to send out confusing signals on its response to the Indian dossier on the Mumbai terror attacks after Pakistani TV channels....

Written by Express News Service | New Delhi | Published: February 12, 2009 1:29 am

Pakistan continued to send out confusing signals on its response to the Indian dossier on the Mumbai terror attacks after Pakistani TV channels,quoting sources,reported today that authorities had filed a case in Karachi against Ajmal Amir Kasab,the terrorist captured alive in Mumbai,and 12 others. But the Pakistan government later said no case had been registered though the idea was “under consideration”.

Information Minister Sherry Rehman told The Indian Express: “As of now,no case has been registered against Kasab but it can happen in future. The idea is under consideration.” Reached for comments,Karachi city police chief Waseem Ahmed said: “It is a rumour.”

Pakistani TV channels quoted unidentified sources as saying that the case was registered on the basis of the probe conducted by the Federal Investigation Agency and a decision taken by the Defence Committee of the Cabinet during its meeting in Islamabad on Monday.

Geo News said the case was filed under the Anti-Terrorism Act. It said those named in the case included three persons who had been arrested in Karachi. Nine others had been identified but were yet to be taken into custody,it said.

For all the latest News Archive News, download Indian Express App

  1. No Comments.
Adda