Over four years after his Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) managed to secure six seats in the Haryana Assembly elections five party MLAs quit to join hands with the Congress which had failed to secure a majority HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi has decided to ride a rath to strengthen his partys base in Haryana.
In doing so his 54-day-long Haryana Vijay Abhiyaan Rath Yatra started from family pocketborough Adampur Sunday Bishnoi also hopes to strengthen the bond with the BJP,with which he has inked a seat-sharing agreement for next years Lok Sabha and Har-yana Vidhan Sabha elections.
But by showcasing his crowd-pulling ability,Bishnoi will also try to ward off any challenge to his alliance from the O P Chautala-led INLD,which is also trying to finalise a pre-poll deal with the BJP. Helping Bishnoi in his cause are three factors: BJPs PM candidate Narendra Modi has already shared stage with Bishnoi twice in the last one month; the corruption taint associated with the INLD leadership; and the fact that Bishnoi is viewed as one of the most prominent leaders of the roughly 79 per cent voters from non-Jat communities. The INLD is finished. Chautalas son Ajay Singh Chautala has lost three consecutive elections. Both father and son are in jail after being convicted for corruption. My partys alliance with the BJP is strong and we are going to sweep the next elections,both parliamentary and Assembly, says Bishnoi.
Despite the tie-up,2014 would be a difficult test for the son of the late Bhajan Lal,who was the biggest non-Jat leader in Haryana,but formed the HJC after being ignored for the post of CM after he led the Congress to power in 2005. The BJP has very little grassroots cadre in the state,always forced to ride piggyback on a regional party. Bishnoi says the public anger against the corruption of the UPA government at the Centre and the Bhupinder Singh Hooda-led Congress government in the state will translate into votes for the HJC-BJP alliance.
What does (Bhupinder Singh) Hooda government have to show,except land scams involving Robert Vadra and others? Look at the law and order situation,where members of many communities dont feel safe. Is this governance? People are fed up of the Congress misrule and next elections will prove this, he says.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched