Over four years after his Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) managed to secure six seats in the Haryana Assembly elections five party MLAs quit to join hands with the Congress which had failed to secure a majority HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi has decided to ride a rath to strengthen his partys base in Haryana.
In doing so his 54-day-long Haryana Vijay Abhiyaan Rath Yatra started from family pocketborough Adampur Sunday Bishnoi also hopes to strengthen the bond with the BJP,with which he has inked a seat-sharing agreement for next years Lok Sabha and Har-yana Vidhan Sabha elections.
But by showcasing his crowd-pulling ability,Bishnoi will also try to ward off any challenge to his alliance from the O P Chautala-led INLD,which is also trying to finalise a pre-poll deal with the BJP. Helping Bishnoi in his cause are three factors: BJPs PM candidate Narendra Modi has already shared stage with Bishnoi twice in the last one month; the corruption taint associated with the INLD leadership; and the fact that Bishnoi is viewed as one of the most prominent leaders of the roughly 79 per cent voters from non-Jat communities. The INLD is finished. Chautalas son Ajay Singh Chautala has lost three consecutive elections. Both father and son are in jail after being convicted for corruption. My partys alliance with the BJP is strong and we are going to sweep the next elections,both parliamentary and Assembly, says Bishnoi.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Despite the tie-up,2014 would be a difficult test for the son of the late Bhajan Lal,who was the biggest non-Jat leader in Haryana,but formed the HJC after being ignored for the post of CM after he led the Congress to power in 2005. The BJP has very little grassroots cadre in the state,always forced to ride piggyback on a regional party. Bishnoi says the public anger against the corruption of the UPA government at the Centre and the Bhupinder Singh Hooda-led Congress government in the state will translate into votes for the HJC-BJP alliance.
What does (Bhupinder Singh) Hooda government have to show,except land scams involving Robert Vadra and others? Look at the law and order situation,where members of many communities dont feel safe. Is this governance? People are fed up of the Congress misrule and next elections will prove this, he says.