A day after its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi called for a debate on Article 370,the BJP on Monday denied any softening of its stand that the provision should be scrapped.
It would be incorrect for anyone to interpret BJPs challenge for a debate on this issue as a softening of stand on Article 370, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley posted on his Facebook account.
Jammu & Kashmirs integration with India is an essential part of the ideology of Bharatiya Jana Sangh and now the BJP. The BJP believes that Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjees vision of complete integration of Jammu & Kashmir was the correct vision for India, he added.
Modi has just asked if there has been any benefit from Art 370. This is not being soft on the issue, said Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj,claiming that the call for a debate was not different from the partys earlier position.
In a veiled course correction,Modi too sought to suggest that his remarks were only aimed at starting a discussion on the subject. Glad that after my call for a debate on Article 370,it is being widely debated among people & across TV,social media, tweeted Modi. We need rational & focused debate not only on 370 but other issues relating to J&K,including suffering of sections of J&K society.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The RSS also sought to suggest that Modis remarks did not amount to any softening of stand. 370 debate deliberate distortion… 370 is a hurdle to national integration, tweeted RSS leader Ram Madhav.
The RSS,however,refrained from issuing any official statement on the issue. Sanghs position remains as it was. Article 370 must be removed to pave the way for complete integration of J&K with Bharat, said a senior Sangh leader.
Modi comment exposed BJPs doublespeak: Cong
New Delhi: The Congress said Modis remarks had exposed the BJPs doublespeak on the issue. As far as my party is concerned,there is clarity on the issue. If Modi wants debate,he should debate it within BJP and the Sangh, said Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh. Ten years ago,five years ago,one year ago you would hear BJP talking about abrogating Article 370. Now they are talking about debate on Article 370. They completely reveal their (BJPs) doublespeak, said Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari. ENS