With Karnataka state unit of the BJP united for the move,the central leadership of the BJP appears all set to green flag former CM BS Yeddyurappas re-entry to the party in next few days,sources said.
The move is likely to be expedited in the wake of BJP patriarch L K Advanis confidante and senior party leader Ananth Kumars appeal to estranged party leaders to return to the fold at the partys state executive on Friday and state leaderships briefing to the central leadership that the former CM has imposed no demands for a prominent position in party ranks after his return.
Yeddyurappa is seeking no post like the leader of opposition in state assembly or the state presidentship. That he has indicated willingness to join the party without any conditions has been conveyed to the central leadership, confided a senior state leader,expressing hope of his return at the earliest.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Senior leaders in the party,in this context,pointed out that the fact has been brought to the knowledge of party patriarch L K Advani,who is learnt to be having reservations against restoring Yeddyurappas prominence in the party. Lets be clear,Advani will not be kept in the dark on this issue, said a senior party functionary in favour of Yeddyurappas re-entry into the party. Party sources,in this context,are deriving hope from Advani loyalist Ananth Kumars appeal to get old leaders back in the party as a signal of softening of stance from the party patriarch. The fact that B S Yeddyurappa met BJP president Rajnath Singh earlier this week has added momentum to the move,sources admitted.
There seems to be an urgency in the party to take him back into the party in the wake of upcoming Lok Sabha elections. The party suffered in the Karnataka assembly elections earlier this year with Yeddyurappa contesting elections with a separate platform of KJP that bagged about 10 per cent of votes.
The issue is less about bringing Yeddyurappa back to the party fold. It is actually about consolidating party support base to regain our old strength, reasoned a senior party functionary.