Three days after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said he would be happy to work under the leadership of Rahul Gandhi and called him the ideal choice for PM,Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi trained his gun directly on Rahul in his speech at the mega rally in the state capital Tuesday.
Modi took a dig at the Congress vice-president saying: There is a lot being said about consuming poison in Congress of late. Kehte hai zehar hi zehar ko kaat ta hai. Bhrashtachar ki paachan shakti ko badhane ke liye shayad zehar peete honge, Modi told a teeming crowd of over three lakh party workers at the Amroodon ka Bagh. This came as a veiled reference to Rahuls speech at the Congress Chintan Shivir in January where he had said,My mother says the power that so many people seek is actually a poison. During a recent meeting,Congress Working Committee member C P Joshi too had told CM Ashok Gehlot that he would have to drink poison,drawing from Hindu mythology and suggesting that the latter would have to give up his personal bias and work with even those he disliked.
Modi insistently made attacks at Rahul and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. Our PM went to the G20 summit but we do not know what he said or achieved there. Those ruling our country do not feel accountable to the people. This is irresponsible behaviour, Modi said. In the coming days,the Congress will come out with new textbooks where A will stand for Aadarsh (Housing) scam,B for Bofors scam and bete ke karnaame (sons antics),C for coal-gate and Commonwealth Games scam and D for defence scams and damaad ke karobaar (son-in-laws business).
Even as Modi drew the battleline in the poll-bound state,he stressed on issues such as corruption,inflation and poverty and ignored local issues of the state. The mega rally,a culmination of BJP state president Vasundhara Rajes four-month long state-wide Suraaj Sankalp Yatra,was aimed to galvanise party workers ahead of the polls in November. Since April 4,Raje has covered 14,500 km across 181 Assembly constituencies out of a total of 200,touching the entire state.
The ABCD of Cong:
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
what Modi said
A for Adarsh (housing) scam
B for Bofors scam or bete ke karnaame (sons antics)
C for coal blocks allocation or Commonwealth Games scam
D for defence scams or damaad ke karobaar (son-in-laws business)