Eleven of 17 Bihar ministers are crorepatis with CM Nitish Kumar also figuring in the list with the combined value of his and his sons moveable and immoveable assets.
While HRD Minister P K Shahi is the richest with assets worth about Rs 6 crore,SC/ST Welfare Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi is the poorest with property worth Rs 50 lakh. At least four other ministers have property worth over Rs 70 lakh.
The state government released the assets list Wednesday,the fourth such annual list since Nitish took over as CM. Several ministers,however,have not declared the market value of their properties.
While Nitish has cash,bank deposits worth Rs 12 lakh,he owns a 1,000 square feet flat estimated be worth Rs 60 lakh at Sansad Vihar in Dwarka. He has Rs 18,000 cash,Rs 62,000 in bank accounts,a 2003 model Hyundai Santro car,gold and silver jewellery worth Rs 49,000. He also has a TV,a fridge,an AC,a computer,four cows and as many calves. According to the list,he did not gain any new property since last year.
Vishnu Sai likely to be made BJP Chhattisgarh chief
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With the BJP Chhattisgarh unit chief being anointed Home Minister in the Raman Singh government,the BJP central leadership is considering tribal leader and Lok Sabha MP Vishnu Deo Sai as the new state unit chief,sources said. Party leaders said BJP adhering to its one-man-one-post principle is the reason for the move. State unit chief Ramsevak Paikra was elected from Pratappur Assembly constituency and appointed Home Minister by Raman Singh. Since Paikra is a tribal,the BJP top leadership is keen on getting another tribal leader to replace him.
His son Nishant,who stays with him,has property worth Rs 1.67 crore. He has Rs 7.52 lakh in bank accounts,Rs 7,095 cash in hand,Rs 7.12 lakh in PPF account,Rs 46.12 lakh as fixed deposit,Rs 10.26 lakh under a savings scheme and Rs 5.16 lakh as recurrent deposit in post office. Nishant also has a mutual fund deposit. He has agricultural land worth over Rs 88 lakh at his paternal village in Nalanda.
HRD Minister Shahi has property worth Rs 6.75 crore. He has land in Patna and Gaya in Bihar and Kusinagar in UP.
Water Resources Minister Bijay Kumar Choudhary has property worth Rs 1.70 crore,including 3,200 square feet land at Gola Road in Patna. Besides,he has seven bigha agricultural land at his paternal Samastipur village.
Social Justice Minister Parveen Amanullah and her husband Afzal Amanullah,an IAS officer,are in list of crorepatis with property worth about Rs 1.5 crore,including a flat in New Delhi and Pune. The couple have two licenced revolvers.
The list of crorepati ministers also has Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh,Land and Revenue Minister Ramai Ram,Transport and Information Minister Brishen Patel,Industry Minister Renu Kumari,Rural Works and Panchayati Raj Minister Bhim Singh,Minor Irrigation Minister Awadesh Prasad Kushwaha. Rural Development Minister Nitish Mishra has moveable and immoveable property worth over Rs 1.4 crore.