Days after senior BJP leader L K Advani raked up the demand for repeal of Article 370 that confers special status on Jammu and Kashmir,Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said on Wednesday that Article 370 is integral to the states development.
He said that those wanting to dilute Article 370 and weaken Kashmirs link with the rest of the country would face dire consequences.
Those wanting to abolish 370 would never have the opportunity to come to power at the Centre. not in the next 10-15 years. Even if they do come to power and try to take away our rights,they will have to do so over our dead bodies, Abdullah said at the flagging off ceremony of the first train between Banihal in Jammu and Qazigund in Kashmir Valley in the presence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The Chief Minister said that attempts to tinker with Article 370 would not meet with success. I want to ask them,if you are so desirous of abolishing 370,why didnt you do it when you were in power at the Centre for over six year? he said.
Abdullah predicted that UPA would again regain power at the Centre in the next election. I know that a UPA-III will come and it will inaugurate the rail link that will eventually connect Banihal to Katra, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More