Senior leaders of the BJP Sunday lashed out at the UPA government for marketing poverty for votes.
At a rally in Sonepat,they said that if voted to power,eradicating corruption and inflation would be their governments topmost priority.
Indira Gandhi began marketing poverty followed by Rajiv and Sonia; and now this Yuvraj (Rahul Gandhi) is doing it. Sometimes he takes Kalavatis name in Parliament,sometimes he sleeps in a Dalits house and asks mediapersons to click his pictures while sleeping in a cot,while he and his party do nothing for the poor. It is all drama. The Congress-led UPA government has crossed all limits of corruption. If anyone has hurt the honour and pride of this country,it is the Congress government, Rajnath said.
Taking potshots at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,he said,The UPA government is a car where someone is holding the wheel and someone else is pushing the accelerator. The government is moving with a remote control.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Slamming Rahul and the Congress government for not doing adequate work for the poor and farmers,Gadkari said,Irony of the nation is that wheat is cheap but bread and biscuits are expensive; oranges are cheap but juice is expensive; tomatoes are cheap,but sauce (ketchup) is expensive; potatoes are cheap,but potato wafers are expensive. I would like to ask,who does this government work for? Gadkari asked.
Sushma said she was positive about BJPs chances in the 2014 polls. To eliminate the loot of this government we need to hold strong in the Lower House, she said.
Taking a dig at Congress president Sonia Gandhis son-in-law Robert Vadra,Gadkari said,The in-laws are looting the land in the state and there is no government in Haryana.
The BJP leaders also slammed the Congress government in Haryana and targeted Bhupinder Singh Hooda on the land acquisition policy. The number of people present today shows that Haryana has decided to throw the Congress out of the state for indulging in illegal land acquisition from farmers.
Can vote for Modi if he changes himself: Shia cleric
Bareilly: Prominent Muslim cleric Maulana Kalbe Sadiq says that he can vote in favour of BJPs prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi if he changes himself. I can also vote for Modi if he changes himself, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board vice-president said here on Saturday.
There are differences in words and deeds of Modi and people have lost faith in him after the Gujarat riots, Sadiq said.
On UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav,the Shia cleric said lack of experience showed in his working and it was high time that SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav took charge of the state and became the Chief Minister. PTI
11 trains to bring BJP supporters to Modis Patna rally
patna: The BJP is pulling out all stops to make its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modis maiden political rally in his rival Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumars home turf here on October 27 a mega success. The party said it had reserved 11 trains for the Hoonkar rally.
Besides,over 3,000 buses have been booked for bringing people from across the state. A 30-feet LED screen will be installed,apart from 30 LED screens so that people sitting at a distance could also have a clear view of the stage. For a comprehensive coverage of the rally,the party had decided to press into service around 12 of its own camerapersons. PTI