With RSS reluctant to intervene in timing of Narendra Modis announcement as BJPs prime ministerial candidate,the spotlight is on party president Rajnath Singh whether he can convince party patriarch L K Advani for an early date. Advani is learnt to be unrelenting on delaying the announcement until Assembly elections in Delhi,Madhya Pradesh,Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh.
Singh Wednesday visited Advanis residence to discuss the PM candidate issue but it appeared the matter was not resolved.
Any announcement should be only after Assembly elections, BJP sources confirmed as Advanis position. Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha,Sushma Swaraj,is learnt to be of the same opinion.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
BJP sources admitted that their position remains unchanged as they had indicated to Rajnath Singh when RSS leader Bhaiyyaji Joshi got the three BJP leaders to discuss the issue on September 1. Subsequently,RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat met Advani and Swaraj. It was learnt that both reiterated delaying any announcement until after Assembly elections.
That Singh has to hold discussions with Advani again days after the marathon brainstorming session between top RSS and BJP leaders was reflective of the Sanghs reluctance to lend its weight to any side on the issue of timing.
The BJP president will engage with top BJP leaders over the next 24 hours to seek final views. Singh was learnt to be planning discussions with Murli Manohar Joshi on Wednesday night and Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley on Thursday. Party sources claimed the BJP president will complete discussions with all parliamentary board members by Thursday before taking a call on announcing Modis candidature.
While announcing Modi as campaign manager,parliamentary board members were individually consulted and the announcement was made at the partys national executive in Goa without formal approval from the parliamentary board.
Advani resigned in protest and it was only after Bhagwat intervened he retracted his resignation. All eyes will again be on Singh whether he can steamroll objections from Advani,Swaraj and Joshi.