With RSS reluctant to intervene in timing of Narendra Modis announcement as BJPs prime ministerial candidate,the spotlight is on party president Rajnath Singh whether he can convince party patriarch L K Advani for an early date. Advani is learnt to be unrelenting on delaying the announcement until Assembly elections in Delhi,Madhya Pradesh,Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh.
Singh Wednesday visited Advanis residence to discuss the PM candidate issue but it appeared the matter was not resolved.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Any announcement should be only after Assembly elections, BJP sources confirmed as Advanis position. Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha,Sushma Swaraj,is learnt to be of the same opinion.
BJP sources admitted that their position remains unchanged as they had indicated to Rajnath Singh when RSS leader Bhaiyyaji Joshi got the three BJP leaders to discuss the issue on September 1. Subsequently,RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat met Advani and Swaraj. It was learnt that both reiterated delaying any announcement until after Assembly elections.
That Singh has to hold discussions with Advani again days after the marathon brainstorming session between top RSS and BJP leaders was reflective of the Sanghs reluctance to lend its weight to any side on the issue of timing.
The BJP president will engage with top BJP leaders over the next 24 hours to seek final views. Singh was learnt to be planning discussions with Murli Manohar Joshi on Wednesday night and Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley on Thursday. Party sources claimed the BJP president will complete discussions with all parliamentary board members by Thursday before taking a call on announcing Modis candidature.
While announcing Modi as campaign manager,parliamentary board members were individually consulted and the announcement was made at the partys national executive in Goa without formal approval from the parliamentary board.
Advani resigned in protest and it was only after Bhagwat intervened he retracted his resignation. All eyes will again be on Singh whether he can steamroll objections from Advani,Swaraj and Joshi.