Corporate lobbyist Niira Radia on Thursday told the special CBI court hearing the 2G spectrum cases that she had conversations with RK Chandolia,former telecom minister A Rajas private secretary,who informed her about allotment of spectrum in four states.
In (transcripts)… I am speaking to RK Chandolia wherein he was informing me about allotment of spectrum in four states,on which I asked him not to do that because Tatas wanted the spectrum to be released in all the states, she said.
She also said that she had spoken to Raja and to DMK MP Kanimozhi regarding Cabinet formation.
During her cross examination on Thursday before Special CBI Judge OP Saini,Radia said that the MD of Tata Communications had held meetings with Raja at his residential office in November 2008,and that Radia herself had attended a few of these meetings on behalf of Tatas. She also testified that in November 2007,Ratan Tata had given her a sealed cover which was to be handed over to DMK leader M Karunanidhi.
Radia also told the court that details of discussions held in the DoT in 2007-08 were being leaked to the media.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The court also reserved its order on a plea filed by Janata Party leader Subramanian Swamy to summon the reply filed by A Raja before the Joint Parliamentary Committee probing the issue,as evidence in the case. The order is now expected to be pronounced on July 23.
During the arguments on Thursday,Swamy told the court that Rajas statement given before the JPC was not a privileged or confidential document and it could be summoned.