Niira Radia,former corporate lobbyist,identified her voice in the 61 calls intercepted by the police,a CBI official told a city court on Thursday. She also identified the voices of several others with whom she was having the conversations,the official deposed.
Radias phone lines were tapped in 2008-2009 as part of the investigation into possible economic offences. A part of these conversations are being used by the prosecution against former telecom minister,A Raja,and others accused in the 2G spectrum scam.
According to DSP Rajesh Chahal,the CBI had played the intercepted tapes before Radia at her home on May 12,2011 and showed her the transcribed scripts of the calls. Nirra Radia had tallied the transcriptions and identified as well as confirmed her voice and the voices of other persons with whom she had the said conversations, Chahal told Additional Sessions Judge O P Saini.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The court acted on a plea by Raja and directed the CBI on Thursday to produce an inquiry report into the scam,prepared by the Central Vigilance Commission in 2009. It is also recording testimonies of the investigating officers of the scam.
Chennais chief metropolitan magistrate was appointed to record the testimony of DMK chief Karunanidhi’s wife,Dayala Ammal,as a prosecution witness.