Niira Radia,former corporate lobbyist,identified her voice in the 61 calls intercepted by the police,a CBI official told a city court on Thursday. She also identified the voices of several others with whom she was having the conversations,the official deposed.
Radias phone lines were tapped in 2008-2009 as part of the investigation into possible economic offences. A part of these conversations are being used by the prosecution against former telecom minister,A Raja,and others accused in the 2G spectrum scam.
According to DSP Rajesh Chahal,the CBI had played the intercepted tapes before Radia at her home on May 12,2011 and showed her the transcribed scripts of the calls. Nirra Radia had tallied the transcriptions and identified as well as confirmed her voice and the voices of other persons with whom she had the said conversations, Chahal told Additional Sessions Judge O P Saini.
The court acted on a plea by Raja and directed the CBI on Thursday to produce an inquiry report into the scam,prepared by the Central Vigilance Commission in 2009. It is also recording testimonies of the investigating officers of the scam.
Chennais chief metropolitan magistrate was appointed to record the testimony of DMK chief Karunanidhi’s wife,Dayala Ammal,as a prosecution witness.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review