12th body recovered from Sindhurakshak

The body was sent to JJ Hospital for a postmortem.

Written by Express News Service | Mumbai | Published:September 11, 2013 3:28 am

The Navy Sunday recovered the 12th body from the wreckage of INS Sindhurakshak that was destroyed in a fire last month. The body was sent to JJ Hospital for a postmortem. Two more bodies were recovered earlier this week.

Meanwhile,nine bodies have been identified by the Kalina Forensic Sciences Laboratory (FSL) and handed over to families. Eighteen personnel were on board the submarine on August 14 when it caught fire that was followed by two explosions. The Navy said teams of rescue divers were continuing their search for the six remaining personnel.

JJ Hospital confirmed that three bodies were sent by the Navy on Sunday. “These bodies bear similar burns as the others did. They have been sent to the FSL for DNA profiling,” said Dr T P Lahane,Dean,JJ Hospital.

Video of the day

For all the latest News Archive News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results