News portal Cobrapost Thursday claimed 11 MPs from five parties were willing to issue letters of recommendation to promote a fictitious foreign company for a fee ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 50 lakh.
Cobrapost claimed its operation,Falcon Claw,purportedly showed the MPs admitting on camera that they were not only willing to write recommendation letters,but also lobby with the Union Ministry of Petroleum to help a foreign firm secure oil exploration and rigging rights in the Northeast.
Of the 11 MPs,two belong to Congress,three to BJP,two to AIADMK,three to JD(U) and one to BSP. Seven of them allegedly accepted cash for writing letters,while Congress MP from Rajasthan K Lal Bairwa allegedly demanded Rs 50 lakh to arrange recommendations from three MPs. But the sting team never paid any money to Bairwa.
Cobrapost editor Aniruddha Bahal claimed the operation exposed the MPs did not care to check the antecedents of the fake foreign oil company,Mediterranean Oil Inc. of Queensland,Australia. The websites reporter claimed to be the companys consultant.
In a statement,Cobrapost said the MPs were K Sugumar and C Rajendran from AIADMK,Lalu Bhai Patel,Ravindra Kumar Pandey and Hari Manjhi from BJP; Vishwa Mohan Kumar,Maheshwar Hazari and Bhudeo Chaudhary from JD(U),Khiladi Lal Bairwa and Vikrambhai Arjanbhai from Congress and Kaiser Jahan from BSP. Six MPs issued letters of recommendation to Cobrapost.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Bahal said,We selected these names after a prior information and in all cases,we were working through middlemen.
When contacted,Hazari told The Indian Express,It is a political conspiracy. I have not received any money,nor given any letter. Sugumar claimed he had not received any money. They came to me through my PA and I issued a letter but did not get any money, he said.
Congress leader and minister Harish Rawat said,I have not seen the tapes so I cannot comment. Whenever such things come out,we take action.