This weeks events make for a resounding overture to the Wayne Rooney soap opera. If the prelude is anything to go by then brace yourselves people we are in for a riveting finale. The supporting cast Jose Mourinho and David Moyes through their respective comments have laid the perfect foundation for our protagonist. But hold on,Master Wayne is indisposed as he is presently nursing a minor hamstring tear so in the meantime his stand-in Paul Stretford (Rooneys agent) shall commence the opening act with the cryptic angry and confused.
How angry and confused one can feel on £250,000 a week and where the media picked up on these three words from is debatable. Nevertheless enter Jose Spin-doctor Mourinho whose latest sound bite,players who want to go to their national team and play for their country,normally they must be first choice players for their clubs and be playing regularly. That’s the big motivation if you are thinking about playing at the World Cup,though possibly targeted at Moyes and Rooney,may well leave Torres,Ba,and Lukaku angry and confused. After all they too are vying for spots in their respective national sides.
Chelsea has a great squad,one that can only be enhanced by the arrival of Master Wayne. In Mourinhos preferred 4-2-3-1 there exist a wealth of options Mata,Oscar,Hazard,Schürrle,Moses and De Bruyne in the three attacking midfield positions to provide the sort of service that would make a lone target man salivate. Torres and Ba have been mediocre since their arrival and Lukaku,though a player for the future,still is not experienced enough to lead the line. Chelsea need someone to score 30 plus goals a season and that player Mourinho believes,albeit after missing out on Falcao and Cavani,is Wayne Rooney.
Rooney typifies the Mourinho player versatile,passionate,fabulous work ethic,and a great physical presence. Predominantly used to playing in a no. 10 position,just off the main striker,Rooney has played lone striker (no. 9) only twice (2009-10 and 2011-12) in his nine seasons at Manchester United. These seasons that saw Master Wayne in cracking form,netting 34 goals on each occasion,ended with a paltry return of a solitary league cup for the club. United have been far more successful with Rooney as the second striker but the view from the club,it appears,is to cash in on a player,whos clearly frustrated by the lack of game time,and channel these funds elsewhere in areas that require reinforcement. Why they would choose to sell Rooney to their domestic rivals Chelsea is bemusing to say the least. Reports from earlier this month carried the United captains,Namanja Vidic,views on Rooney,He’s in very good shape,the best shape in the last five years. Surely they wouldnt want to sell a revitalized and re-energised Rooney,who will give Chelsea just the shot in the arm they need to muscle the title back.
If Chelsea however does secure the services of Master Wayne,it would signal a major coup for the Abramovich camp for it not only completes their squad,but also severely weakens their most fierce title challengers. If the proposed move does actualize,Jose will have committed to deploying Master Wayne to lead the line. A position that Rooney had previously,in an interview to Four Four Two magazine,declared as his second favourite position after playing off another striker. Whats even more intriguing,in July 2004 Jose remarked,Rooney is a wonderful attacking player,but he is not a pure striker,a target man. Let alone his three other forwards (Torres,Ba,and Lukaku) who will be relegated to bit-part roles after Rooneys arrival,this double speak has left me angry and confused.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016