After scoring his first IPL century,Suresh Raina credited a perfect atmosphere in the dressing room for his brilliant run in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Raina,who is the highest run-getter in IPL history so far,cracked 100 off 53 balls against Kings XI Punjab.
“To be honest I missed century in last season and previously in South Africa. When the team needs you and you perform,it is very good feeling. I am really happy to have achieved it,” Raina said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Asked how he has maintained his superb form in IPL,the diminutive left-hander said a healthy dressing room where seniors are of great help,was key to his show.
“I took the responsibility myself. I have spent a lot of time with Duncan and Fleming,and Mike Hussey has been my role model in IPL. When you have positive attitude in the dress room you tend to learn a lot of good things from the senior players. It is all about attitude and hard work.
“Twenty20 is all about how you play your shots and at the same time,you need to work really hard on your mind. I must say that God has been great in my working on all these aspects and performing well,” he said.
“We are positive in the dressing room. Right now our dressing room is one of the best since IPL was introduced. We have been enjoying the moment. Hopefully,we will continue to do well in the coming matches also.”
Raina said the players have gelled well and that has a lot to do in their dominant run so far.
“We have a team room and we spent of time together. We play table tennis and pool games and listen to music. We get to know a player as a person off the field. I think that made us very close to the players. Still lot of matches are coming up and if we work hard on our fitness we can get through.”
Raina said their pace bowlers also need to be acknowledged for today’s win.
“Albie and Mohit Sharma and Bravo bowled really well today with the new ball. But still the fear was in our mind. Not fear but we are taking lot of challenges and we really need to bowl well. We are in a good frame of mind right now and we are focussed. Too much matches are coming up now. With god willing we will do well,” he said.