After scoring his first IPL century,Suresh Raina credited a perfect atmosphere in the dressing room for his brilliant run in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Raina,who is the highest run-getter in IPL history so far,cracked 100 off 53 balls against Kings XI Punjab.
“To be honest I missed century in last season and previously in South Africa. When the team needs you and you perform,it is very good feeling. I am really happy to have achieved it,” Raina said.
Asked how he has maintained his superb form in IPL,the diminutive left-hander said a healthy dressing room where seniors are of great help,was key to his show.
“I took the responsibility myself. I have spent a lot of time with Duncan and Fleming,and Mike Hussey has been my role model in IPL. When you have positive attitude in the dress room you tend to learn a lot of good things from the senior players. It is all about attitude and hard work.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Twenty20 is all about how you play your shots and at the same time,you need to work really hard on your mind. I must say that God has been great in my working on all these aspects and performing well,” he said.
“We are positive in the dressing room. Right now our dressing room is one of the best since IPL was introduced. We have been enjoying the moment. Hopefully,we will continue to do well in the coming matches also.”
Raina said the players have gelled well and that has a lot to do in their dominant run so far.
“We have a team room and we spent of time together. We play table tennis and pool games and listen to music. We get to know a player as a person off the field. I think that made us very close to the players. Still lot of matches are coming up and if we work hard on our fitness we can get through.”
Raina said their pace bowlers also need to be acknowledged for today’s win.
“Albie and Mohit Sharma and Bravo bowled really well today with the new ball. But still the fear was in our mind. Not fear but we are taking lot of challenges and we really need to bowl well. We are in a good frame of mind right now and we are focussed. Too much matches are coming up now. With god willing we will do well,” he said.