Loew extends contract
Joachim Loew will remain as Germany coach until July 2016 after his contract was extended for another two years,the German football federation (DFB) said on Friday. The 53-year-old,whose current agreement runs until the 2014 World Cup,took over after the 2006 World Cup and,since then,has led Germany to the final at Euro 2008 and the semi-finals at the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012. Since the World Cup in 2006,the team have always been among the top four at the World Cup and European championship,said DFB president Wolfgang Niersbach in a statement. We have great trust in Joachim Loew and… we would like to show this with the contract extension.
Mexico coach sacked
Mexicos national coach Victor Vucetich says he has been notified by the countrys soccer federation that he is no longer in the job,according to an interview posted on Thursday night on ESPN.com. Local media reported on Thursday that Vucetich,who presided over a win and a defeat in Mexicos final two CONCACAF World Cup qualifying group matches,would be replaced by Miguel Herrera — who would be Mexicos fourth coach in less than six weeks. It is an experience. It was positive,but was not what I had hoped. It ends this way. Just six work sessions,Vucetich told the website. I am petulant,King Midas,but not God. Thats why it has come to this. Jose Manuel de la Torre and Luis Fernando Tena were sacked after successive defeats last month and Vucetich was appointed on September 12 for the final push at saving Mexicos campaign.
Mohit,Arjun in final
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Mohit Mayur Jayaprakash and Arjun Kadhe entered the mens singles final of the Fenesta Open National tennis championship after registering contrasting victories. The two mens singles finalists,who will be up against each other in the grand finale,combined to lift the mens doubles title with a 6-4 6-4 victory over P C Vignesh and Fariz Mohammed at the R K Khanna Tennis Complex. The womens singles final tomorrow will see defending champion Prerna Bhambri up against top seed Shweta Rana. Earlier in the day,Mohit got the better of former national champion Nitten Kirtane 6-1 2-6 6-2. In contrast,Arjun had a relatively easy outing against Chandril Sood,who he defeated 6-2 6-1.
GM title for Debashis Das
Twenty-one year old Debashis Das became the first Grandmaster from Orissa with a win over Anirudha Deshpande in the National Challenger being held in Bhopal. Das,who received his International Master title in 2010,crossed the Elo mark of 2500 points to become the 34th GM from the country. Das,who hails from a village called Niali in Cuttack district,made his international debut at the Asian Youth championship in Delhi,2005 finishing fourth.
IGU announces tourney
Around 5000 golfers from 25 key clubs across the country will vie for honours when inaugural edition of the Toyota IGU NHS National Club Challenge tees off with the first stage at Noida Golf Club this Sunday,Indian Golf Union said today. The tournament,which will kick off in October and conclude in April with the National Finals,will be conducted in three stages.