More than a year has passed by since Indian ace shuttler Saina Nehwal won a title and the Olympic bronze medallist will now eyes a late flourish when she begins her campaign at the Hong Kong Super Series on Wednesday to end the troubled season on a high. Saina will once again resume her hunt for the first title of the season at the $350,000 event,which she had won three years ago. The last title that Saina won was Denmark Open in October 2012.
The seventh seeded Indian will open her campaign against Indonesias Bellaetrix Manuputty in the womens singles competition. The 23-year-old had a difficult season as she grappled with injuries and inconsistent form. The Indian had bowed out of the second round of China Open last week after suffering a defeat against unseeded Sun Yu of China.
The world number seven Indian will take on either Eriko Hirose of Japan or Porntip Buranaprasertsuk of Thailand in the second round once she cross the first hurdle. If she manages to win the second round,world number one
Li Xuerui is likely to wait for her in the quarterfinals. Other Indian in the womens singles competition is PV Sindhu and the world No. 10 will face second seeded Thai Ratchanok Intanon,who had beaten her in the world championship in China in August this year.
In mens singles,Parupalli Kashyap will take on Zhengming Wang of China,while Ajay Jayaram will cross swords with seventh seed Tien Minh Nguyen of Vietnam and K Srikanth will have an uphill climb against top seed Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia. In mens doubles competition,Akshay Dewalkar and Pranaav Jerry Chopra will have an unenviable task of taming the top seeds Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan of Indonesia.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Mixed doubles pair of Ashwini Ponnappa and Tarun Kona will be up against seventh seeds Praveen Jordan and Vita Marissa of Indonesia.