Brazilian midfielder Kaka returned to AC Milan on Monday on free transfer and a salary cut after four unhappy years at Real Madrid during which he went from one of the worlds top players to an unhappy,over-priced,injury-prone reserve. The 31-year-olds dramatic loss of form has also led to him being shelved from Brazils plans for the 2014 World Cup after he was left out of the Confederations Cup squad this year.
Kaka has been plagued by injuries over the last few years,including one to his left knee shortly after the 2010 World Cup. He made only 82 league appearances during his time at Real after his 65-million-euro ($85.71-million) move in 2009 and rarely played anything more than a supporting role. Some 300 supporters were waiting for Kaka outside Linate airport on Monday. Im very happy to be back, he told reporters. After a difficult period at Madrid,I had been dreaming about a return. Im not happy that I left in 2009 but these are things that happen in football.
I did everything I could for things to work out at Real Madrid and when I realised that there wasnt much space for me,I asked to leave.
He said he still believed that Milan could give him a springboard back to the Brazil squad in time for next years World Cup. Milan said that Kaka had signed a two-year contract for his return to San Siro. The announcement of his return came two days after midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng was surprisingly sold to Bundesliga club Schalke 04.
Kakas arrival,in a private jet along with chief executive Adriano Galliani,came exactly 10 years after he first set foot at the club as a fresh-faced youngster from Sao Paulo. During his first six-year spell at the club,Kaka became one of the worlds top players,helping Milan to win the Champions League in 2007.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Ozil to Arsenal?
At the time of going to print,Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil was heavily linked with a move to English side Arsenal. The deal,which is supposed to be worth $65 million,is pending a medical of the German midfielder,most English websites reported. If the transfer comes through,it will make Ozil both Germany and Arsenal’s highest valued player.
Manchester United were also allegedly trying to tie up deals for Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini and Athletic Bilbao’s Ander Herrera. Chelseas Juan Mata was linked with a move to French big spenders PSG.