Brazilian midfielder Kaka returned to AC Milan on Monday on free transfer and a salary cut after four unhappy years at Real Madrid during which he went from one of the worlds top players to an unhappy,over-priced,injury-prone reserve. The 31-year-olds dramatic loss of form has also led to him being shelved from Brazils plans for the 2014 World Cup after he was left out of the Confederations Cup squad this year.
Kaka has been plagued by injuries over the last few years,including one to his left knee shortly after the 2010 World Cup. He made only 82 league appearances during his time at Real after his 65-million-euro ($85.71-million) move in 2009 and rarely played anything more than a supporting role. Some 300 supporters were waiting for Kaka outside Linate airport on Monday. Im very happy to be back, he told reporters. After a difficult period at Madrid,I had been dreaming about a return. Im not happy that I left in 2009 but these are things that happen in football.
I did everything I could for things to work out at Real Madrid and when I realised that there wasnt much space for me,I asked to leave.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He said he still believed that Milan could give him a springboard back to the Brazil squad in time for next years World Cup. Milan said that Kaka had signed a two-year contract for his return to San Siro. The announcement of his return came two days after midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng was surprisingly sold to Bundesliga club Schalke 04.
Kakas arrival,in a private jet along with chief executive Adriano Galliani,came exactly 10 years after he first set foot at the club as a fresh-faced youngster from Sao Paulo. During his first six-year spell at the club,Kaka became one of the worlds top players,helping Milan to win the Champions League in 2007.
Ozil to Arsenal?
At the time of going to print,Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil was heavily linked with a move to English side Arsenal. The deal,which is supposed to be worth $65 million,is pending a medical of the German midfielder,most English websites reported. If the transfer comes through,it will make Ozil both Germany and Arsenal’s highest valued player.
Manchester United were also allegedly trying to tie up deals for Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini and Athletic Bilbao’s Ander Herrera. Chelseas Juan Mata was linked with a move to French big spenders PSG.