The Pakistan government on Friday said it would send material received from India in response to its 30 questions seeking more information on the Mumbai terrorist attacks to the Interior Ministry for “appropriate action”.
Some information material on the terror attack in Mumbai was handed over to our High Commissioner in New Delhi today. Arrangements have been made for its receipt in Islamabad, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said in a statement.
We will send it to the Ministry of Interior for appropriate action, he said. Basit said the government was not in a position to comment on the material at this stage.
Pakistan had submitted the 30 questions along with its response to the Indian dossier on the Mumbai incident on February 12. It had sought voice recordings of persons identified as handlers by Ajmal Amir Kasab,the lone terrorist arrested for the Mumbai attacks,and other technical information to carry forward its probe into the incident.
The queries also included a request for forensic analysis reports of mobile and satellite phones and other evidence establishing connectivity and communication of the terrorists with militants based abroad.
Pakistani authorities had been insisting that India should hand over the information before the police remand of four suspects Lashker-e-Toiba activists Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi,Zarar Shah,Abu al Qama and Hamad Amin Sadiq expires on March 17.