Skipper Sami Aslam (108) made a century as Pakistan colts held on to their nerves to pull off a narrow two-wicket win over India in the Under-19 Asia Cup here on Tuesday. Pakistan chased down a challenging 251 with just three balls to spare and registered their third straight win of the tournament.
Riding on Ricky Bhuis quick-fire half-century,India scored 250 for seven off their quota of 50 overs after electing to bat at Dubai International Cricket Stadium. India got off to a solid start with openers Ankush Bains (41) and Akhil Herwadkar (31) putting on 74 runs in 13.3 overs. However,Pakistan leg-spinner Karamat Ali brought his side back into the match as he removed the top-three batsmen,including skipper Vijay Zol (20) to reduce India to 116 for three.
Ali kept a tight leash on the Indian batters as he finished with figures of four for 28 in his 10 overs. Bhui put on small but significant partnerships of 36,42 and 45 with Sanju Samson (38),Sarfaraz Khan (20) and Deepak Hooda (24) to take side to a testing total.
Rickys 66-ball-64 included three fours and two sixes. In reply,left-handed Aslam led from the front as he smacked Indian bowlers to all parts of the ground. He laid the foundation for his side and put on 72 runs with Hasan Raza (30) for the third wicket. Aslam 119-ball knock included 11 fours and a six. Kamaran Ghulam (55) then took on the mantle to take his side to the finishing line.
But two consecutive wickets – Ghulam off the final ball of the penultimate over and followed by another on the next delivery – made the contest intriguing.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
Pakistan required five off five balls to seal the match,which Zafar Gohar (8 not out) achieved by hitting consecutive boundaries of Chama Milind. Both teams have already qualified for the semi-finals in which India will meet Sri Lanka on January 2 while Pakistan will clash against Afghanistan on the same day.
Brief scores: India U-19: 250/7 in 50 overs (Ricky Bhui 64,Sanju Samson 38; Karamat Ali 4/28) lost to Pakistan U-19: 253/8 in 49.3 overs (Sami Aslam 108,Kamran Ghulam 55; Kuldeep Yadav 2/40).