Andres Iniesta and Cesc Fabregas both earned and converted penalties to help give injury-battered Barcelona a 4-0 win at home over 10-man Granada on Saturday. Injured Lionel Messi watched from the sidelines at Camp Nou as the pair of Spain midfielders took turns drawing fouls from Granada’s aggressive defenders,before letting the other score the spot kick.
Iniesta slotted in Barcelona’s first goal in the 20th minute before Fabregas made it 2-0 in the 40th.
Granada played a man down from the 66th after Manuel Iturra received his second booking. Alexis Sanchez scored five minutes later before Pedro Rodriguez capped Barcelona’s victory in the 90th.
The win provisionally moved Barcelona six points clear of second-place Atletico Madrid and nine points ahead of Real Madrid before the title rivals play games later.
This was Barcelona’s first match since learning that a left hamstring tear will keep Messi sidelined probably until January. It was also missing playmaker Xavi Hernandez,goalkeeper Victor Valdes,defenders Dani Alves and Jordi Alba,and backup forward Cristian Tello,all due to injury. But it didn’t look like Barcelona was missing five of its first-choice players.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Barcelona dominated a Granada side that had only lost once away this season to remain unbeaten with a league record of 13 wins and one draw.
Iniesta got Barcelona rolling by driving his spot kick low and inside the right post after Fabregas was knocked down by Dimitri Foulquier. Fabregas then took his turn to blast the ball into the top right corner following Fran Rico’s foul of Iniesta .
Barcelona replacement goalkeeper Jose Pinto got his chance in the 71st when he beat Allan Nyom one-on-one,starting a counterattack that finished with Neymar passing for Alexis to equal Messi as Barcelona’s leading scorer in the league this season with eight goals.
Fabregas set up Pedro for his seventh goal of the league campaign.