Rajasthan Royals need to quickly recover from the shock arrest of their players on spot-fixing charges as they square-off against a desperate Sunrisers Hyderabad in their last Pepsi IPL league match here tomorrow.
The mood in the team would be sombre after the arrest of three players,including paceman S Sreesanth,by the Delhi police last night.
With 20 points,Rajasthan are assured of a place in play-offs but they would like to take their tally to 22 so that they are in with a chance to play Qualifier and not the Eliminator. And they are playing a team which is desperate to win their last two clashes to edge out Royal Challengers Bangalore in the battle for the fourth place.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Hyderabad and Bangalore have 16 points each but the host for tomorrow’s match have two matches to improve their chances. But Bangalore have one last match and the maximum they can get is 18 points.
Hyderabad have the best bowling attack in this edition of IPL with the presence of world’s best paceman Dale Steyn,Ishant Sharma,West Indies Captain Darren Sammy,wily leg-spinner Amit Mishra,Sri Lankan paceman Thisara Perera and in-form spinner Karan Sharma.
However,the quality bowling department of late has been receiving little respect from the opponents. Mumbai Indians treated them with utter disdain when they met last time and the hosts need to correct mistakes of that match.
Perera and Mishra were at the receiving end of Kieron Pollard’s blistering attack. Pollard’s brilliant innings powered MI to a seven-wicket victory over the visitors.
Ishant and the spinners were also thrashed by Suresh Raina and Michael Hussey in their match against Chennai Super Kings here on May 8.
It is going to be a good contest between bowlers of Hyderabad and batsmen of Rajasthan as the visitors have been one of the most consistent sides when it comes to batting under the leadership of veteran Rahul Dravid.
Apart from Dravid,Ajinkya Rahane and Sanju Samson have done a superb job in the top-order. Shane Watson is a vital cog and Stuart Binny is tremendous finisher for them. Rajasthan are coming into the match after defeat against Mumbai on Wednesday when its top-order failed to fire.
It was due to efforts of Stuart Binny and Brad Hodge that took them close to the target,although they fell short by 14 runs.Hyderabad batting is potent enough to upstage the visitors but for that they need Shikhar Dhawan to fire while opening the innings.