In a big blow to Delhi Daredevils,their star batsman Kevin Pietersen was today ruled out of the upcoming Indian Premier League due to a knee injury which he sustained during the ongoing New Zealand tour.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said Pietersen experienced knee pain while fielding in preparation for the four-day game in Queens town ahead of the Test series,which has failed to resolve satisfactorily.
“Recent scans confirm an injury to the right knee with bone bruising and possible cartilage damage to the kneecap. The 32-year-old will return to the UK for further investigations and specialist review,” ECB said on its website.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Pietersen will not available for the English side in the third and final Test against New Zealand starting Friday at Auckland. “The injury is likely to require ongoing assessments anda six-eight week period of rest and rehabilitation. Pietersen has therefore been withdrawn from all cricket including the Indian Premier League,” it added.
Daredevils will take on defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders in their opening encounter of the sixth edition of the IPL on April 3 at Eden Gardens. In 2011,Pietersen had missed the entire season for Deccan Chargers and was sold to Delhi Daredevils in the 2012 season without having played a single game for the Chargers.
Kevin Pietersen has been ruled out of the decisive third test against New Zealand starting on Friday because of a knee injury,the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
Pietersen injured his right knee earlier this month while taking part in fielding practice and scans have revealed bone bruising and possible cartilage damage.
“The injury is likely to require ongoing assessments and a likely 6-8 week period of rest and rehabilitation,” the ECB said in a statement.
“Pietersen has therefore been withdrawn from all cricket including the Indian Premier League.” The first two tests in New Zealand,both of which Pietersen played in,ended in draws.