Underlining that the police were already investigating the matter,the Supreme Court Thursday refrained from passing any order into the IPL spot-fixing case on a PIL that demanded a CBI inquiry to unearth the nationwide conspiracy.
A vacation bench of Justices Gyan Sudha Misra and Madan B Lokur said it would be premature to pass an imminent order into the case when the investigation was underway and that there was nothing to suggest that separate probes by Mumbai and Delhi Police hampered a thorough investigation.
The investigation has got wide ramifications. You cannot go on monitoring it on a daily or rather,hourly basis. Give them (police) some time to investigate. We dont think we should interfere at this stage, said the bench,adding there was no urgency to hear the PIL.
Adjourning the matter to July 23,the court allowed petitioner Sharmila Ghuge to file an additional affidavit to corroborate her contentions about the relevance of her PIL and reasons why the courts indulgence was required.
Ghuge,a Mumbai-based law teacher,had moved the PIL that sought transfer of probe into the IPL spot-fixing scandal by Delhi and Mumbai Police to the CBI keeping in view the larger conspiracies and involvement influential people. The PIL claimed that the CBI probe was required to ensure proper co-ordination as the guilty may go scot free due to mismanagement and lack of co-ordination between different police agencies.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It also sought a direction to the CBI to probe allegations of spot fixing,match fixing and betting pertaining to the cricket matches of IPL-6 or its earlier versions and take strong actions against those found guilty.