India will play five Test matches in England next year for the first time since 1959,with the crammed series between two of cricket’s leading countries being held over just 42 days. The ECB announced Monday that India’s tour of England will also include a five-match ODI series and a T20i and will stretch from June 23 to Sept. 8.
The seven-day gap from the end of the third Test to the start of the fourth will be the longest break between matches.
Nottingham,London (Lord’s and The Oval),Southampton and Manchester will host the Tests. The Ageas Bowl in Southampton must pass a final facility inspection before being confirmed as the host of the third Test.
India lost 4-0 in its last Test series in England,in 2011. The tourists will play two three-day matches against county teams Leicestershire and Derbyshire before the test series begins at Trent Bridge on July 9.
The Tests are scheduled from July 9 to August 19. The first Test will be played at Trent Bridge,while Lord’s will host the second Test from July 17.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Ageas Bowl as a venue for the third Test (July 27-31) would be confirmed after a site inspection. The last two Tests will be played at Old Trafford and The Oval,from July 27 and August 7 respectively.
This will be followed by the ODI series from August 25 to September 5. The lone T20 is scheduled on September 7,which would mark the end of the long tour.
NZ tour starts January
Wellington: NEW Zealand Cricket on Monday announced a brief schedule for its home series against India in January-February next year,falling in line with the BCCI’s demand to keep the tour as short as possible.
India will play five One-day Internationals followed by a two-Test series against the Black Caps between January 19 to February 18.
Initially the tour was supposed to have three Tests,five ODIs and one T20 International to be held in February-March.
But the Indian Cricket Board was reportedly keen on a short visit to New Zealand so that the country could participate in the Asia Cup,which commences in late February.
The venues for the Indian tour will be announced next week. India will begin their ODI campaign on January 19 followed by matches on 22,25,28 and 31. The first of the two Tests will be played from February 7 to 11,while the second will take place from February 14-18.