India A were on Tuesday set a stiff target of scoring 307 runs to win the second and final unofficial Test after South Africa A declared their second innings at 166 for five on the third and penultimate day.
At stumps,India A were three for one from the four overs they faced in their second innings,needing 304 more runs to win the Test with nine wickets in hand. Captain Cheteshwar Pujara was batting on two while nightwatchman Shahbaz Nadeem was yet to open his account.
Another vijay failure
Opener Murali Vijay failed for the second time in the match as he was out for a duck off the bowling of Beuran Hendricks in the second over. He had scored just four in the first innings.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
India A,who had won the first Test of the two-match series by an innings,struggled to get the wickets of South Africa A batsmen who batted without taking much risk in the 63 overs they faced in their second innings at the LC de Villiers Oval.
Left-arm spinner Nadeem took three wickets for 56 runs while off-spinner Parvez Rasool and pacer Ishwar Pandey got a wicket apiece. Opener Dean Elgar was South Africa As top-scorer with a 156-ball 62 while skipper Justin Ontong contributed 35.
The South Africans played sedately in their second innings. While the openers Reeza Hendricks (22) and Elgar added 53 for the opening wicket,Nadeem accounted for the former as he offered a catch to Dinesh Karthik. Left-hander Rilee Russouw (0) defended three balls before Nadeem breached through his defence.
Earlier in the day,India A were all out for 201 to concede 140-run first innings lead to the South Africans.
Brief scores: South Africa A 341 & 166/5 dec 63 overs (D Elgar 62; S Nadeem 3/56); India A 201 & 3/1 (C Pujara 2*,S Nadeem 0*; B Hendricks 0/1)