West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo,who has been named as the team’s captain for the ICC Champions Trophy said he is learning a lot from his Chennai Super Kings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
The way MS carry himself on and off the field,I have learnt a lot for him. I spend a lot more time talking to him about cricket. Obviously,India will come up against the West Indies team (when they play Champions Trophy) in England. I am happy being led by him. I learn a lot from him and I am enjoying every moment of it, Bravo told reporters here.
It’s a great feeling (to be the captain). I am humbled by their decision. At the same time,I am very happy and looking forward to it. I am given the opportunity to lead a bunch of talented guys. The entire world loves the West Indian players.
It’s good to have Ravi Rampaul,Pollard,Sunil Narine. It is my opportunity now to get all the talented players to play together and to do well. It has always been my intention to do well for the West Indies cricket and for the world to see West Indies cricket to come back and come again, he said.
The Trinidadian expressed confidence of finishing as the champions in the eight-team league to be held in England and Wales next month but said the teams in group B are quite strong.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Winning won’t be easy. Winning is a process. Obviously we have a tough group with India,Pakistan and South Africa. But we will take one game at a time and try to finish as champions… Try to go to semis and take it from there, he said.
The 29-year old said he idolises West Indian great Brian Lara and added that he looks upto South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis.
My favourite cricketer was,is and will always be Brian Charles Lara. Apart from him,I look upto Jacques Kallis,being an all-rounder myself and team mate Kieron Pollard. I look upto them. It is great to play with Pollard, he said.
Bravo is the leading wicket taker in the ongoing IPL and asked about his wicket ability to take wickets,I think it boils down to the condition or the surface,the time of the game,the particular batsman,you need to know when is the right time to bowl a slower delivery or a yorker and try to read the situation of the game.