Doubts are building over Australias Davis Cup clash with India in May after Lleyton Hewitt expressed concerns over player safety,according to a report in the Herald Sun. Australia are due to travel to India for a May 8-10 Asia/Oceania zone clash,with the winners to advance to Septembers World Group playoffs.
I think everyones probably got concerns,probably more so last week after what happened in Pakistan, he said. Asked if he would consider withdrawing from the tie,Hewitt said: Thered have to be a lot more research into it. Last weekend,I hadnt even looked (at the next Davis Cup fixture).
Tennis Australia will liaise with the International Tennis Federation and a string of Australian federal agencies before their decision.
Philippines wants Pak tie moved
Manila: The Philippiness tennis authorities have asked for their July Davis Cup play-off tie against Pakistan to be moved from Lahore to Manila due to security fears. We asked them to move it because of the safety of our players, association vice president Randy Villanueva said.