Four Americans have been killed in an attack on Bagram air base by insurgents in Afghanistan,a US defence official said. The deaths were caused by insurgent “indirect fire,” either mortars or rockets,said the official,who spoke on condition of anonymity.
The report of casualties came hours after the Taliban insurgency announced it would enter into peace talks with the Afghan government and the US,and after NATO formally handed responsibility for security to the Kabul government.
There were no further details of the attack at Bagram,a sprawling base about 30 miles (47 kilometres) north of Kabul that serves as a major hub for US aircraft. The US military’s presence in Afghanistan is roughly 66,000 troops,after having reached a peak of about 100,000 forces.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls