Borussia Dortmunds preparations for Wednesdays Champions League semifinal against Real Madrid have been hit by news a star player wants to leave after the season. On the eve of what it calls the most spectacular home game in Borussia Dortmunds history, the first leg has been overshadowed by Mario Goetzes decision to join Bayern Munich on July 1.
Bayern,which is triggering Goetzes reported release clause of $48 million,said on Tuesday it wanted to delay the announcement out of consideration for Wednesdays game,but Dortmund was left struggling to minimise its impact.
Goetzes Facebook page quickly became a target for abusive messages from disappointed fans,and Dortmund appealed to supporters to continue to support the 20-year-old midfielder unconditionally. Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp concluded Tuesdays news conference with a direct appeal to fans.
Lets have a great night tomorrow. Leave all the negative emotions at home,come to the stadium,and lets beat Real Madrid, Klopp said.
Dortmund,the only undefeated side left in the competition,completed a remarkable comeback in the quarterfinals with two goals in injury time to defeat Malaga 3-2,and is looking for a hat trick of home victories against Spanish opponents this season.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The sides last met in the semifinals in 1998,on Dortmunds last appearance at this stage,when Madrid prevailed 2-0 on aggregate to dethrone the defending champion. Dortmund is aiming for just its second European Cup final,while Madrid has its 13th in sight.
We are going to Germany to win so we can return to the Bernabeu with guarantees to try and reach the final, said Madrid forward Jose Callejon.
The Spanish side had a costly 3-1 victory over Real Betis on Saturday when Luka Modric and Marcelo had to go off with injuries. French striker Karim Benzema,who scored one goal and set up another,also and had to be substituted late.
Mourinho rested his first-choice defense,with only Raphael Varane and Pepe seeing minutes as substitutes. Playmaker Xabi Alonso was also rested.
live at ten action + 12.15 am