Here are the statistical highlights of the IPL 6 final between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Mumbai Indians (MI) at the Eden Garden in Kolkata.
* Dwayne Bravo’s superb figures of four for 42 are the best by a Chennai bowler against Mumbai Indians in the IPL,surpassing his own three for nine at Feroz Shah Kotla,Delhi on May 21,2013.
* Bravo has become the second bowler after Anil Kumble (4/16 against Deccan Chargers at Johannesburg on May 24,2009) to register a four-wicket instance in the IPL final. Both the bowlers figure in a losing cause.
* Kieron Pollard’s match-winning unbeaten 60 off 32 balls is his fifth fifty in the IPL. For the first time,he has aggregated 400 runs in an IPL season – 420 at an average of 42.00 in eighteen innings,including three half-centuries.
* Pollard has become the third all-rounder after Jacques Kallis and Irfan Pathan to achieve the double of 1000 runs and 50 wickets in the IPL.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
* Pollard has received his seventh Man of the Match award in the IPL.
* Dinesh Karthik has become the first wicketkeeper to reach 500 runs in an IPL season,aggregating 510 at an average of 28.33 in 19 matches.
* Karthik became the second Mumbai batsman to amass 500 runs,next only to Rohit Sharma’s tally of 538 (ave.38.42) in nineteen matches.
* For the first time in an IPL season,two Mumbai batsmen have managed 500 runs.
* Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s unbeaten 63 off 45 balls is his 13th fifty at the IPL – the second highest score in a losing cause in a Grand Final. Suresh Raina had posted 73 against Kolkata at Chepauk,Chennai on May 27,2012.
* Dhoni has recorded his best performance in an IPL competition – 461 (ave. 41.90),including four fifties,in 18 matches.
* The first team to lose two consecutive IPL finals is Chennai – (vs Kolkata in 2012 and vs Mumbai in 2013.
* With their magnificent victory,Mumbai Indians have won their first ever IPL final.
* Mumbai Indians have won nine and lost six out of 15 played against Chennai at the IPL – success % 60.00.
* With 32 wickets at 15.53 runs apiece in eighteen games,Dwayne Smith has become the first bowler to bag 30 wickets in an IPL season,eclipsing Lasith Malinga’s tally of 28 (ave.13.39) in 16 matches in 2011 and James Faulkner’s 28 at 15.25 in 16 in 2013.
* Chennai Super Kings’ 125 for nine is the lowest total by any team in an IPL final,eclipsing the 137 for nine by RCB against Deccan Chargers at Johannesburg on May 24,2009. he match has produced 273 for 18 wickets – the lowest in an IPL final.
* Michael Hussey (733 at 52.35 in 17 matches in 2013) and Chris Gayle (733 at 61.08 in 15 games in 2012) share a record for the highest runs’ tally in an IPL competition.
* Six ducks in a match and four in an innings (Chennai) is a record in an IPL final.
* Chennai Super Kings have conceded 90 sixes – the most by a team at the IPL 6 while Mumbai Indians’ tally of 117 sixes is the most registered by a team.