Having suffered a surprise defeat in the unofficial ODI series,it will be an opportunity for the Yuvraj Singh-led India ‘A’ to regain some of the lost ground when they lock horns with the West Indies ‘A’ in the one-off Twenty20 match on Saturday.
The 1-2 series loss was a rare failure for India A,who had whitewashed their counterparts from New Zealand 3-0 prior to the just-concluded ODI rubber against the Caribbeans. Also Read: Kirk’s enterprise in series win
The key for the hosts once again will be Yuvraj,who has had a remarkable success with the willow in the 50-over format,slamming an 89-ball century and following that up with knocks of 40 and 61 in the last two matches.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
With the kind of form and fighting abilities the visitors displayed in the ODI series,Yuvraj and his men would be wary of their opponents. Also Read: I am getting better and better with each off-season,says Yuvraj
As a whole,India have performed reasonably with the bat. While Yuvraj and Yusuf Pathan managed to get some runs under their belt,the hosts have been hugely let down by opener Robin Uthappa’s form as the India discard could manage only 23,10 and 27 in the three ODIs.
The batting unit revolves around openers Unmukt Chand and Uthappa and from India’s point of view,it is imperative that they give the team a good start.
The Indian outfit would also hope that the likes of Baba Aparajith and Kedar Jadhav,who have shown their potential in patches in the ODI series,lend some solidity to the middle-order.
India’s bowling department,with the exception of pacers Vinay Kumar and Jaydev Unadkat,has completely looked off-colour and if the hosts harbour any chance of clinching the one-off T20 series,the bowlers will have to fire in unison.
The West Indies ‘A’,on the other hand,would need to guard against complacency if they hope to maintain their winning momentum going into tomorrow’s match at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
The visitors have looked good in the ODI series and with the presence of centurions Kirk Edwards and Jonathan Carter,besides Kieran Powell and Andre Russel in their ranks,the side possess a strong batting line-up.
Their main strength,however,remains the bowling,which saw them restricting India. Miguel Cummins,Veerasammy Permaul,Nikita Miller all have been among wickets and if all-rounders Carter and Russel also come good with the ball,the team has the arsenal to tame India.