Having suffered a surprise defeat in the unofficial ODI series,it will be an opportunity for the Yuvraj Singh-led India ‘A’ to regain some of the lost ground when they lock horns with the West Indies ‘A’ in the one-off Twenty20 match on Saturday.
The 1-2 series loss was a rare failure for India A,who had whitewashed their counterparts from New Zealand 3-0 prior to the just-concluded ODI rubber against the Caribbeans. Also Read: Kirk’s enterprise in series win
The key for the hosts once again will be Yuvraj,who has had a remarkable success with the willow in the 50-over format,slamming an 89-ball century and following that up with knocks of 40 and 61 in the last two matches.
With the kind of form and fighting abilities the visitors displayed in the ODI series,Yuvraj and his men would be wary of their opponents. Also Read: I am getting better and better with each off-season,says Yuvraj
As a whole,India have performed reasonably with the bat. While Yuvraj and Yusuf Pathan managed to get some runs under their belt,the hosts have been hugely let down by opener Robin Uthappa’s form as the India discard could manage only 23,10 and 27 in the three ODIs.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The batting unit revolves around openers Unmukt Chand and Uthappa and from India’s point of view,it is imperative that they give the team a good start.
The Indian outfit would also hope that the likes of Baba Aparajith and Kedar Jadhav,who have shown their potential in patches in the ODI series,lend some solidity to the middle-order.
India’s bowling department,with the exception of pacers Vinay Kumar and Jaydev Unadkat,has completely looked off-colour and if the hosts harbour any chance of clinching the one-off T20 series,the bowlers will have to fire in unison.
The West Indies ‘A’,on the other hand,would need to guard against complacency if they hope to maintain their winning momentum going into tomorrow’s match at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
The visitors have looked good in the ODI series and with the presence of centurions Kirk Edwards and Jonathan Carter,besides Kieran Powell and Andre Russel in their ranks,the side possess a strong batting line-up.
Their main strength,however,remains the bowling,which saw them restricting India. Miguel Cummins,Veerasammy Permaul,Nikita Miller all have been among wickets and if all-rounders Carter and Russel also come good with the ball,the team has the arsenal to tame India.