Ahead of Barcelona’s weekend Premier League game,superstar Lionel Messi criticized a club vice president for saying the Argentina forward didn’t deserve a better contract. He branded Javier Faus,the vice president in charge of Barcelona’s finances,a person who did not know anything about football.
Faus said two weeks ago he didn’t see a reason to further extend Messi’s contract. Last year,the club extended the 26-year-old Messi’s contract through 2018. Mr. Faus is a person that doesn’t know anything about football and wants to run Barcelona like a business,which it isn’t, Messi told Catalan radio RAC1. Barcelona is the best team in the world and deserves to be represented by the best executives. I remind him that neither I nor any of my representatives have asked for a contract extension at any moment,and he knows that very well.
Messi is Barcelona’s all-time leading scorer and a four-time FIFA world player of the year. He is in Argentina recovering from a hamstring injury and expected to return to Barcelona in January. Messi rarely speaks about the business side of his career. This is the first time he has openly criticized an important board member of the club he joined when he was 13 years old. Barcelona president Sandro Rosell said Thursday that he had not spoken to Messi about his contract,while adding but my door is always open. I have no doubt that the best player in the world deserves to be the highest paid.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
In La Liga Barcelona travels to Getafe on Sunday with a depleted squad missing several key players. Messi is healing his hurt hamstring in Argentina,Neymar is serving a one-game suspension and has been given permission to start his holidays early,and goalkeeper Victor Valdes is still sidelined. Barcelona hopes to have all three back in January,but it also wants to close out 2013 with a win to make sure it at least keeps its share of the lead. Neymar scored six goals in his last three appearances to lead Barcelona to a trio of victories.