Ahead of Barcelona’s weekend Premier League game,superstar Lionel Messi criticized a club vice president for saying the Argentina forward didn’t deserve a better contract. He branded Javier Faus,the vice president in charge of Barcelona’s finances,a person who did not know anything about football.
Faus said two weeks ago he didn’t see a reason to further extend Messi’s contract. Last year,the club extended the 26-year-old Messi’s contract through 2018. Mr. Faus is a person that doesn’t know anything about football and wants to run Barcelona like a business,which it isn’t, Messi told Catalan radio RAC1. Barcelona is the best team in the world and deserves to be represented by the best executives. I remind him that neither I nor any of my representatives have asked for a contract extension at any moment,and he knows that very well.
Messi is Barcelona’s all-time leading scorer and a four-time FIFA world player of the year. He is in Argentina recovering from a hamstring injury and expected to return to Barcelona in January. Messi rarely speaks about the business side of his career. This is the first time he has openly criticized an important board member of the club he joined when he was 13 years old. Barcelona president Sandro Rosell said Thursday that he had not spoken to Messi about his contract,while adding but my door is always open. I have no doubt that the best player in the world deserves to be the highest paid.”
In La Liga Barcelona travels to Getafe on Sunday with a depleted squad missing several key players. Messi is healing his hurt hamstring in Argentina,Neymar is serving a one-game suspension and has been given permission to start his holidays early,and goalkeeper Victor Valdes is still sidelined. Barcelona hopes to have all three back in January,but it also wants to close out 2013 with a win to make sure it at least keeps its share of the lead. Neymar scored six goals in his last three appearances to lead Barcelona to a trio of victories.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More