At least 33 people died and 10 others have been injured after a bus plunged 200 metres (650 feet) down a ravine in northern Peru,police said.
The bus with the Horna company veered off a mountain road
near the town of Otuzco some 570 kilometres (350 miles) north of Lima,early yesterday.
Authorities blamed the region’s treacherous,winding roads,the poor condition of the vehicle and driver error for the accident.
Road accidents are common in the Peruvian Andes due to
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
poorly maintained roads,inconsistent vehicle maintenance,and the propensity of overworked bus drivers to speed.
In 2011,1,124 people were killed and 2,583 injured in 1,108 highway accidents,according to the latest official figures.