At least 33 people died and 10 others have been injured after a bus plunged 200 metres (650 feet) down a ravine in northern Peru,police said.
The bus with the Horna company veered off a mountain road
near the town of Otuzco some 570 kilometres (350 miles) north of Lima,early yesterday.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Authorities blamed the region’s treacherous,winding roads,the poor condition of the vehicle and driver error for the accident.
Road accidents are common in the Peruvian Andes due to
poorly maintained roads,inconsistent vehicle maintenance,and the propensity of overworked bus drivers to speed.
In 2011,1,124 people were killed and 2,583 injured in 1,108 highway accidents,according to the latest official figures.