Over a month after a Muslim landlord allegedly paraded three Christian women naked in Pakistan’s Punjab province,a court here has finally taken notice of the matter and directed a judge to investigate the incident. The Lahore High Court yesterday ordered the district and sessions judge,Kasur,to probe the matter and submit a report within two weeks.
The three Christian women were allegedly brutally beaten and then paraded naked by armed men of Muhammad Munir,a local landlord said to be having the backing of the ruling PML-N party,in Pattoki area of Kasur district,some 50 kilometres from here. The incident took place in the first week of last month. The matter came to light a few days after the Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) issued a news release to the media.
According to the victim family’s head Sadiq Masih,the male members of his family had gone out on their jobs when the attackers led by Munir entered his house. Munir demanded Masih to produce his sons who earlier had a brawl with him over a cattle issue. Failing to find them there,the attackers took the wives of Masih’s three sons with them. Munir and his armed men first disrobed the women and then forcibly paraded them naked in the streets.
As the women screamed and shouted for help,some elderly people of the village came out to their rescue. They put their turbans on the feet of the attackers,pleading them to leave the women. After this,the attackers let the women go but warned the villagers and the victim family against reporting the matter to the police.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016